Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Well this is nifty. Never tried blogging before..

This blog is to basically here to document the development of Brevis. It's my hobby game project being made in Unity3D and almost entirely constructed with PlayMaker.

The plan is for a physics based first person puzzler game. I'm a big fan of the Portal games and really enjoyed others like Braid, QUBE, and the likes of those. I also really like (who doesnt) the old Monkey Island series and such so I hope to be able to build a story in that can entertain you along the way - something I felt QUBE was lacking and I wanted to avoid making just a strict puzzler without significant gameplay and story meat for the player.

So far the barebone basics are working fine. I got the principle stuff jiving together, sorted out some magnetic component ideas, built the FSM controllers for one of the buttons, tinkered with physics weights on interactive objects and fused the first person controller into playmaker a little bit. In the coming weeks we'll see how things move along but I hope to have a working demo with several interesting mechanics up in a few weeks if I don't run into any major walls.

The progress thread is over on the playmaker forums:
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=3693.0

No comments:

Post a Comment